Mills in Art Competition
Saturday 9th May 2015 from 2 to 4 pm
Amateur artists and photographers over 16 years of age are invited to bring their equipment to draw, paint and photograph Oldland Windmill.
A4 maximum paper or image size is recommended and, given the short timescale, pencil, pen or water colour paint is recommended.
All output may be put on display at 4 pm and two prizes will be awarded, one to the best picture and one to the best photograph as determined by an independent judge. Entering the work gives permission to the organisers to reproduce it in OMT publications and online.
There is no parking at the mill. A shuttle bus will be run from the Thatched Inn to transport artists and their equipment to the mill leaving at 1.45 pm and returning to the Thatched Inn at 4.30 pm. Artists and photographers interested in attending should notify Fred Maillardet on 01273 842342 by Wednesday 6th May.
Participants are eligible to enter the National ‘Mills in Art’ Competition organized by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB), whose winner will:
- Have their artwork featured on the Mills Section’s 2015 Christmas Card.
- Receive one year’s free membership of the Mills Section (worth £35).
- Be given books on windmills and watermills.
Further details regarding the SPAB competition are as follows:
- Entries are limited to one per person.
- No artwork can be returned.
- Entering the work gives permission to the organisers to reproduce it in SPAB publications and online.
- Deadline for submission is 24th May 2015 and must be accompanied by a
- completed entry form obtainable from Fred Maillardet.
- (Entry forms are only required if you wish to enter the national competition.)
Tel: 01273 842342